Rules & Regulations
General Rules of The School
- 1. (a) A pupil who fails to meet the required standard in all the subjects will not be promoted. Reports of general progress will be given in the progress report. Promotions are granted based on the year’s work. The decision of the school authorities with regard to the promotion shall be final.
(b) The school reserves the right to dismiss those whose progress in studies is steadily unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to others or whose guardians show little interest in the progress of their wards. Immorality, grave insubordination, contempt of authorities, unruly student behaviour, or wilful damage of school property will lead to immediate dismissal of the student.
(c) Parents are earnestly requested to see that their children attend school punctually. They are expected to cooperate with the school by ensuring regularity and discipline and by taking a keen interest in the child’s progress. They should check diaries regularly and note the teacher’s remarks etc. and acknowledge the same promptly by putting their signatures against the remarks.
2. The school gates will be closed at 8.00 am sharp. Children who come late will be sent back home.
3. Children who are absent from the school must have the parents mentioning briefly the cause of absence in the diary. Reasons of private nature may be submitted in a letter. A student’s name will be struck off the rolls if he or she is absent without leave for a week.
4. All children are expected to come to school daily in a freshly laundered uniform with clean socks and well polished shoes & I. Card. Any child who comes to school in a slovenly condition will have to pay a fine of Rs. 10/-.
5. (a) Parents will apply in writing if children are required at home during school hours for any serious reasons. All exemptions/ permissions/information must be sought from the Principal.
(b) No pupil will be sent home through another person without an authorization letter sent by the parents.
6. No pupil shall leave the school premises without the permission of the Principal or the Teacher-in-Charge.
7. It is compulsory for every child to participate in singing, physical and cultural classes, games, and other school activities.
8. Books, periodicals, pictures, or newspapers except those allowed by the school shall neither be brought into the school nor circulated without the permission of the Principal.
9. Pupils are responsible for the safe custody of their books and belongings. They should have them neatly labeled or named.
10. (a) Children are not allowed to buy eatables from outside the school campus from vendors.
(b) Parents should not bring/send tiffin, water bottle, books, etc. to their ward during school hours.
11. (a) Parents or guardians are not allowed to see their children or meet the teachers during school hours without the prior permission of the Principal.
(b) On an unavoidable occasion, please send a note through the gatekeeper and wait at the gate for the reply.
12. Pupils are expected to behave courteously and gently on all occasions. They should address their teachers and all members of the staff with due respect and politeness. Good moral behaviour and gentle ways are prerequisites for every student. They should always remember that the school is judged by their conduct.
Rules Concerning Absence
- 1. In case of leave on medical grounds, a medical fitness certificate must accompany the application.
2. Students absent from school without application will be fined Rs.1O/- per day.
3. Leave of absence is not granted except on prior written application from Parent/Guardian in case of unforeseen circumstances.
4. In case of absenteeism on a test or an examination day, neither re-test nor re-examination will be conducted.
5. Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than a week, renders the student liable to have his/her name struck off the rolls. Re-admission will have to be sought.
6. Any student having less than 85% of the attendance shall not be allowed to appear in the final examination.
7. All the students are expected to attend classes on the opening day after the vacation and the closing day before the vacation.
RULES FOR DISCIPLINE
- 1. Every student should regularly carry with him/her the school diary. The school uniform is to be worn on all school days and school functions. Parents should see that their son/daughter does not wear the uniform outside the school when he/she is at home or elsewhere.
2. All students must be in their seats before the teacher enters the class. During the absence of a teacher the monitor of the class, responsible for maintaining discipline, must be obeyed.
3. Students should take care of school property. They should not write or scratch on the desks, chairs, walls, or doors of the school nor should they damage property belonging to others. Any damage done to the school property must be made good by the offender.
4. The school is not responsible for the goods or money lost. Money should not be lent or borrowed or articles exchanged.
5. A student, who uses unfair means during tests/exams, tampers with answer sheets or school certificates will be given zero in the subject and a warning letter. Repetition of the same will result in dismissal. Any student who is found tampering with grades/marks in the Progress Report and other School certificates will be asked to leave the school and name shall be struck off.
6. Students and parents are requested not to offer any presents or gifts to the teachers.
7. Children who come to school in the care of servants should never leave the school premises before the servant arrives. If the servant is delayed, they should report to the school staff.
8. After school hours students are not expected to go to their friend’s house for birthday parties, tuition, etc. from school. They may go to such parties from their homes with the consent of their parents.
9. If a child happens to miss the school bus while coming to school or going back home, he/she should not try to commute on his/her own and should immediately inform the Parent / Bus-In-charge / Class Teacher.
10. Students are not allowed to use phone in school premises, without the permission of the Principal during class hours. They will not be allowed to receive letters or other mail without the permission of the Principal.
11. Indisciplined behaviour of student in the school bus will make the child ineligible to use the school transport. Bus monitors will be appointed to maintain discipline. Students should always carry the bus card with them.
12. Students are forbidden to bring crackers, explosives, and other dangerous materials to the school.
13. Electronic calculators, Mobiles, transistors, and other electronic gadgets should not be brought to school.
14. (a) Students should not wear ornaments. They are not allowed to use nail polish, mehendi, make-up, grow long nails.
(b) Boy’s hair should be neatly trimmed. Girls’ long hair should be in plaits with ribbons & those who have short hair should wear hairbands. (Of the colour required by the school.)
SCHOOL TIMINGS (Summer& Winter)
- (a) Classes Pre-Primary – 7:50 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Every Saturday will be a holiday for Pre-Primary students.
(b) Classes I to XII – 7:50 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Every Saturday will be a holiday for I & II students.